[ltp] Re: T41p, 2.6.6-rc3. Weird errors mixing eth0 and usb mouse (?!)

edonia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 00:01:51 +0800

Am Mon, 10 May 2004 09:20:56 +1000 schrieb Cameron McCormack:

> Franois Fleuret:
>> I finally fixed everything on my T41p with kernel 2.6.6-rc3. The wheel
>> mouse works after having removed ehcd, and the X problems were solved by
>> coming back to the standard 4.3.0.1. I even figured out how to make the
>> lid-closing go into suspend mode. You can see
>>
>> http://diwww.epfl.ch/~fleuret/installations.html
>>
>> for details.
>
> I see you're using the vesa driver for X instead of ati or fglrx.  Is this
> the only way you could get ACPI and suspending working properly? I'm using
> apm at the moment with the fglrx driver but can't suspend.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cameron

Hi,

you could compile a kernel without 3D acceleration for working and
suspending/resumeing. Should work then...

For playing games, just boot youre existing kernel with 3D acceleration.

edonia