[ltp] Temperature issue on a T41p

Wolfgang Rether linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 18:44:09 +0200

Hi,

> tooo hot. how does it works under windows?

> my fan stopped on 36 degrees, but since i have 2.6.6 rc2 it stops on 46
> already.

> never got something like 73!

When trying to update my gentoo, my T41p after some time simply shuts
down... just leaving me alone with something like: "95 degrees...
shutting down". It really says 95 !!

I wonder if there are really 95 degrees which would be really critical
or if this a problem of the monitoring hard- oder software.

I didn't have any problems building gentoo from scratch, but the last
system update I tried to emerge will not finish due to that problem:(

Anyone else had this problem? Which tool do you use to get the temp
in Windows?

Regards,
 Wolfgang