[ltp] T41 high-pitched noise

thedave linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 18:01:07 -0700

--=-dAAbpIEi8R9Ranymi3kk

By default many of the distros have the Microphone monitor turned on in
the mixer, and it is passed through to the speaker.  Which causes
feedback depending on volume and ambient noise levels.

D.

--
thedave <thedaveNOSPAM@ix.netcom.com>
The Dave Fan Club

--=-dAAbpIEi8R9Ranymi3kk

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
By default many of the distros have the Microphone monitor turned on in the mixer, and it is passed through to the speaker.&nbsp; Which causes feedback depending on volume and ambient noise levels.<BR>
<BR>
D.<BR>
<BR>
I hope this qustion has not been answered before (I couldn't find an
answer in google)...

I bought a Thinkpad T41 with preinstalled WinXP.
After installing Debian linux I noticed a high pitched noise which is
best audible over keyboard. It only occurs when the AC in plugged in, on
battery there is no noise.
Under WinXP there is no noise, neither on AC nor battery.
Could it have something to do with the power management under linux?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Bye, Frederik!</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<PRE><TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
-- <BR>
thedave &lt;<A HREF="mailto:thedaveNOSPAM@ix.netcom.com"><U>thedaveNOSPAM@ix.netcom.com</U></A>&gt;<BR>