[ltp] R40e modem & kernel 2.6

Chris Street linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 08:15:39 +0100

Thanks for replying Rene.

Tried your suggestion with kernel 2.6.6 and slmodem 2.97.

The modem hw:0 gets created, and ATI commands work, but it doesn't seem to =
want to talk to the hardware - cannot physically go 'off hook' or dial, tho=
ugh kppp goes through the motions up to the dialling string, then just sits=
 there.

Are you doing anything other than 'modprobe snd-intel8x0m' followed by 'slm=
odemd --country=3DUK --alsa hw:0' ?

Perhaps we don't have the same modem.

Still not giving up...
Chris