[ltp] T41 cpufreqd issue

Alexander Gran linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 10:03:10 +0200

Hi,

actually cou cannot got as low as 200Mhz, the cpu would not run stable.
There are two possiblilities to go below the 600Mhz:
Throthelling states. You can do up to 87% throthelling, that would be 78Mhz=
=20
usable. However the cpu is still at 600Mhz, its just do nohting 87% of the=
=20
time. The other possiblity is C3. This only works with ACPI and X disabled=
=20
(or after a suspend/reusme cyle, nonoe seems to know why). Busmaster=20
conflicts here and there with C3, several drivers don't get it right. But=20
ACPI doesn't really work anyway..The kernel reports the slower CPU speeds=20
also seen under Windows that.

regads
Alex

Am Dienstag, 11. Mai 2004 09:15 schrieb Konstantin:
> hi,
>

> Your Problem ist the Kernel, you have to choose at least 2.4.24 for better
> cpufreqd support. But the best decision would be to use the newest 2.6
> kernel(2.6.6 since 2 days out). The new Kernel has the best support for A=
PM