[ltp] external monitor on t40

Erik Velldal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 10:19:42 +0200

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 00:41, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> I'll send some XF86Config files tomorrow when I get to my other machine, which
> is a similar setup.

brilliant, thanks! :)

> In the mean time, I suggest you check out two threads called Dual-Head
> RithtOf/LeftOf (not my spelling!) and T40p, K.Weidners Multihead approach,
> which appeared in Nov '03 and Jan '04, respectively on this list.

ok thanks, by a quick glance they seemed to contain lots useful points,
i'll have a closer look at them. (although i guess what i'm  after
would  be a singlehead solution since i don't need the external and
internal screens simultaneously, or at least not displaying different
things.)

> I have run mandrake 9.2 (2.4.22) and 10.0 (2.6.3) (X4.3) on both a T40
> (237375U) and can toggle between internal, external and both monitors using
> Fn+F7 using the default XF86Config-4 set up by Mandrake's automated X config
> utility as long as I make sure to add a modeline to support the external
> monitors resolution (1280x1024).
>
> What is your external monitor and res?

it's a 19" HP, 1280x1024.

cheers,