[ltp] Re: Temperature issue on a T41p

Wolfgang Rether linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 00:19:17 +0200

Hi,

> It helps to lift the notebook (I have put it on some
> lego-like bricks).

I already had the same idea... using two pens and putting them under
the front corners. This will make it work for some more time, but my
T41p will shutdown either. Since gentoo will start building from
the beginning of the last incomplete package this is no help because
big packages will need more time to compile.

I'll try to lower the frequency manually and see if it helps. Perhaps
it would also help to remove the DVD- or CD-Drive from the UltraBay?
But this also is no real solution:(
Any other hints appreciated...

Regards,
 Wolfgang