[ltp] Re: T41 cpufreqd issue

Volker Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 14:52:07 -0400

ACPI is not yet flawless, but already works far better than you describe
it. With a recent 2.6 kernel it is rock-solid as long as you do not
suspend (at least on my 1.6GHz T41), and the cpu runs most of the time at
50MHz (cpuspeed+enhanced speedstep). Suspend to ram is useless because it
eats the battery, but not because of stability. Suspend-to-disk (swsusp2)
works fine for me, except for USB. The USB stuff has eternal suspend
issues, whether you use APM or ACPI.

-Volker