[ltp] Re: T41 cpufreqd issue

Lance A. Brown linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 09:56:36 -0400

mukesh agrawal wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2004, Volker Braun wrote:
>

>>Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:52:07 -0400
>

>>ACPI is not yet flawless, but already works far better than you describe
>>it. With a recent 2.6 kernel it is rock-solid as long as you do not
>>suspend (at least on my 1.6GHz T41), and the cpu runs most of the time at
>>50MHz (cpuspeed+enhanced speedstep).
>

> Do you know if this extends the running time on battery power? If so, how
> much difference might it make (in your experience), and which battery are
> you using (6-cell or 9-cell)?

That's my main interest.  Right now I can get 4 to 4.5 hours out of the
9-cell battery on my T41 running Fedora Core 1 and Gnome.  Under Windows
XP Pro I get 6 to 7 hours easy.  I want that under linux too! :-)

--[Lance]

--
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/