[ltp] Re: Re: T41 cpufreqd issue

Volker Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 15:11:26 -0400

On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:56:13 +0200, François Fleuret wrote:
>> With a recent 2.6 kernel it is rock-solid as long as you do not
>> suspend (at least on my 1.6GHz T41), and the cpu runs most of the
>> time at 50MHz (cpuspeed+enhanced speedstep).
>
> What are the kernel options for those features ?

I have the same cpufreq options, and

[root@dhcp]# zgrep -i speedstep /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO=y
CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO_TABLE=y
CONFIG_X86_SPEEDSTEP_CENTRINO_ACPI=y

[root@dhcp]# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver
acpi-cpufreq

I read off the current frequency from the gkx86info plugin for gkrellm,
which is quite nice. Screenshot and my kernel config are here:

http://carrot.hep.upenn.edu/~vbraun/misc/

I have not made any detailed battery measurements. I have both the 6 and 9
cell battery, and usually use the smaller one which lasts long enough for
my purposes.

Cheers,
Volker