[ltp] Hard disk ignoring hdparm? (Not spinning down)

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 09:12:42 +0200

On Mi, 2004-05-12 at 19:53, Christoph Singer wrote:
> Thank you for the tip with smartctl; I was not even aware of the
> existence of this program. I now have installed it because I was
> courious to see what settings it reports, and it says "Auto Offline Data
> Collection: Enabled". This is today, the drive is spinning down, so this
> setting does not seem to influence the standby behaviour.

This is good news for you.
I have a Hitachi HTS726060M9AT00, so pretty sure you have a different
behaviour with your IC25something.

> When the strange behaviour of not spinning down will occur again, I'll
> try to play around with smartctl.

As I said, I'm quite sure, it might not help you.

Good luck!

Greetings, UW(e)