[ltp] SuSE 9.1 + R40 2722-3GG + ACPI S3 resume

Christoph Singer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 22:51:09 +0200

On 12.05.2004 20:38, Hartmut Meyer wrote:
> Hi,

>>>It doesn't do it for me (R40 2722-CDG). I can press whatever button I
>>>want as long as I want, the Thinkpad does not awake from sleep. I have
>>>to remove the battery to reboot. Am I something doing wrong?
>

> Might be worthwhile checking if there is a BIOS update available for your
> thinkpad. This did help me once in the past with an ACPI issue.

Just updated to the latest BIOS revision. No success :-(

BTW, is there anyone out there who can use APM standby (Alt + F4) on an
R40 with Kernel 2.6.4 / SuSE 9.1? It used to work well on my machine
with kernel 2.4.21 / SuSE 9.0, but now does not work any more (is this a
problem of kernel 2.6 in general, or of kernel 2.6.4, or of SuSE 9.1?),
that's why I tried to switch to ACPI. But since ACPI does not work
either now I'm trying to go back to APM. Any tips how I can debug APM
sleep mode? (the system hangs sometimes when suspending, sometimes it
suspends successfully and hangs when resuming, sometimes it even resumes
  but is very unstable and unusable then.)

Christoph