[ltp] Does APM still work on 2.6?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 19:39:14 -0400 (EDT)

	I'm running a 2.4 kernel on my T40, with APM, and it works fine --
suspend, resume, the lid, the function keys, I've even heard hibernate
works fine though I don't use it myself.  About the only complaint I have
is that I have to rmmod ehci-hcd before using USB devices after a resume.

	On the list lately there's been a lot of fuss about ACPI, which I
can best distill as: "you might be able to get it to work if you patch
your kernel and stuff but even then it sucks battery while suspended".

	Does it work to just disable ACPI and use APM with the new
kernels?  I'd like to upgrade (got the SuSE 9.1 disc ready), but only if I
don't have to fight for it, and APM, as they say, ain't broke.

Thanks,
	Aaron