[ltp] Does APM still work on 2.6?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 20:18:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Crispin Cowan wrote:
> Repeated draining of your batteries (running them through a lot of
> discharge/charge cycles) is not good for their lifespan. If you are
> going to leave your computer for days, either power it off completely or
> plug it in.

	I guess we ought to take this offline.  But hey, so long as I'm
here:

	This is only a problem if suspend eats battery life like you say
it does with ACPI.  It hardly counts as "repeated draining" if suspending
for a day or two reduces the battery to 98%.  See where I'm going with
this?  For now, I couldn't be happier with my battery life.  It's been a
year and the machine still runs like a champ -- if that's what I get for
suspending too often, I'll take it.  If the battery life ever falls under
4 hours, maybe I'll spring for the UltraBay Slim battery.  :)

Aaron