[ltp] Does APM still work on 2.6?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 May 2004 20:59:25 -0400 (EDT)

	So I installed SuSE 9.1.  Curiously, while it included ACPI by
default, it didn't install the acpid package.  Well, no matter, I disabled
ACPI.

	APM works well at suspending and resuming, the key for me.  But
there is one problem.  Well, two, but one was easy -- I installed the
"apmd" package.  Now I can at least tell how much battery life is left.
But I miss the little KDE system tray icon that shows the battery life
from apm/apmd.  I've tried "kcmshell laptop" and "klaptop_check", and
neither seems to bring back the icon.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
	Aaron