[ltp] Does APM still work on 2.6?

Johannes Rieken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 May 2004 18:24:17 -0800

--Boundary-02=_aDtpA0VxzWHVprT

Am Fri, 14 May 2004 02:36 schrieb Christoph Singer:
> On 14.05.2004 11:24, Christoph Singer wrote:
> > On my R40, suspend to ram by APM does not work any more with SuSE 9.1/
> > Kernel 2.6.4. It used  to work fine in SuSE 9.0 / Kernel 2.4.21
>
> I played around a bit trying to get APM suspend to ram working, and now
> have to correct myself:
>
> APM Suspend to Ram works fine in SuSE 9.1! But only when I disable the
> powersave deamon (rcpowersaved stop) and manually unload the ndiswrapper
> module (modprobe -r ndiswrapper).

Hi Christoph,=20

I have the same problems. I added ndiswrapper=20
to /etc/sysconfig/powersave/common so it is automatically unload before=20
suspend.=20
But if I stop rcpowersaved the cpufreq scaling stops. Do you stop and start=
 it=20
always when you suspend your laptop or disable it at all?

Cheers, Johannes