[ltp] Does APM still work on 2.6?

Antiphon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 May 2004 05:03:14 -0400

On Fri, 14 May 2004 07:54:39 -0500, Andrew Gaffney
<agaffney@skylineaero.com> wrote:

> Antiphon wrote:
>> Yes, just don't use ALSA. Thankfully some of the OSS modules were put
>> back  into the kernel tree after they were taken out around 2.6.1(?).
>>  The cs46xx OSS drivers are in versions greater than 2.6.4
>>  My sound works wonderfully and I don't have to type any /etc/init.d
>> business upon resume.
>
> I'm using ALSA and APM for my 770. The 770 has the same or similar audio
> chipset as the 600 (I believe). I didn't have to do any custom
> configuration. The only thing that doesn't come right back up on resume
> (after APM Suspend-to-RAM) is my wireless card, but I hacked together a
> script that runs when the machine resumes that makes it work.

They're slightly different chips. 600X uses the 4614 chipset whereas the
770 uses the 4236. The 4614 may be backward compatible (iirc it says
something about it in the kernel config) but I've never tested it with the
42xx drivers. I might try the ALSA drivers in my next kernel upgrade to
see.