[ltp] Suspense on T40p

em linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 May 2004 15:06:43 +0200

> Hello,
> I have recently baught a T40p and installed linux Mandrake 10 on it. I
> have several problems running linux on it. The main one is the power
> mangement and standby which actually doesn't work well and I am always
> forced to reboot the system. I would appreciate if anyone could give me
> a hint.
> Cheers!
>
> --

i have a T40p i use a new 2.6.x kernel and apm. acpi works like shit on linux only way to get really good batteri mangement on this thing seem to be running winblows.

With apm most stuff works just peachy i can turn off screen and go into standby, resume without problems.
Hibernate should be possible too but i havent tried yet.

Speedstep works fine i have enhanced speedstep in kernel and can control it trough the usermode maneger.

but its still add up to only about 4-5 hours depending on screen brightness wheres windows 2k / xp will give you at least 2hours more.

I stilll run linux only on this lovely peice of hardware since i dont like windows much but linux really really needs a lot better drivers for everything
especially acpi which just sucks right now