[ltp] R40 - problems with double boot

Szakacsits Szabolcs linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 18:11:28 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Erasmo Gargiulo wrote:

> I installed SUSE Linux 9.0 on a thinkpad R40 2722-BDG where there was

Isn't it SUSE 9.1? Linux 2.6 kernels started to report bogus disk
geometries thus some unadjusted partitioning tools create bad partition
table resulting unbootable Windows.

Known distros having this problem sometimes (depends on BIOS, etc) are
SUSE 9.1, Mandrake 10 and Fedora 2. Often setting LBA mode in the BIOS
can help.

If you do have SUSE 9.0 then please see

  http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html#troubleshoot

	Szaka