[ltp] 2.6 kernel acpi howtos (APM on a T41 with FC2)

Carl Nygard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 21:17:38 -0400

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 20:30, Rick Floyd wrote:
> I've been using APM with FC2 on a T41 (2373). It mostly works. Suspend
> is fine. However, about 25% of the time GNOME insists on trying to
> generate a screenshot when I resume. Sometimes this works and sometimes
> I have to power cycle the machine to get control back. Has anyone else
> seen this/have suggestions on avoiding it? Thanks...

This is just anecdotal, but I've noticed on my T40 (FC1/APM) that as
soon as I install speedstep-centrino and start cpufreqd, it is very soon
that I need to cycle power, either because of bad resume, or because it
just locks up (or the cisco wireless dies and stays dead, or the X
server goes out to lunch...)

If I don't speedstep/cpufreqd, I've got a reasonably stable
suspend/resume.

Regards,
Carl