Re[2]: [ltp] Backing up the Predesktop Area?

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 May 2004 08:54:23 -0400 (EDT)

	My experience was that they sent the disks with no trouble, though
I probably did mention that I upgraded the hard drive (which I had).  I
ended up not using the disks, though -- they require something like an 8GB
minimum partition to do it, and I wanted to have a very small Windows
partition.  It turns out the registration code on the sticker on my
ThinkPad worked fine with a Windows XP CD from a Dell laptop (though not a
retail or MSDN disc).  Then I just downloaded all the drivers and software
from the IBM web site.  I think the only thing I couldn't get that way was
the DVD player.

Aaron