[ltp] Re: Re[2]: Backing up the Predesktop Area?

Vincent Touquet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 May 2004 22:44:39 +0200

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 06:53:01PM +0200, Didrik Pinte wrote:
>One important thing about the recovery cd's : you can't reinstall
>windows XP only using the recovery cd's. Those cd's will automatically
>erase the first partition called hda1 !
>So if you have deleted your predesktop area... find another way to
>reinstall winXP, like using an official cd and the windows key on the
>back of your laptop.

How close can you get to the version of XP that is in the recovery area
using a standard XP cd and the tools you can download from IBM ?

>For my part, i've created a CD with the support and tools directory from
>the original preinstallation. I will use it next time I install an XP on
>my laptop (I hope never) to add ibm's sofwares.

Did you base your work on some url ? :)