[ltp] ALSA setup on T30 and T40

Russell Williamson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 May 2004 15:20:32 -0500

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:21:42AM +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> At 01:02 AM 23/05/2004, Russell Williamson wrote:
> >I'm not sure if it is an ALSA problem. Very rarely, xmms will stop
> >in the middle of a song and refuse to continue.  (If I hit the play
> >button, the equalizer bars jump and immediately drop.)
>
> What output plugin are you using in XMMS? It might be worth trying the ALSA
> plugin.

I was using the ALSA output plugin. I also ran into another bug:
if I manually paused and tried to unpause, XMMS would not resume,
just like http://bugs.xmms.org/long_list.cgi?buglist=1611. Switching
to the OSS output plugin made that problem go away and may have cured
the first one. Or I could switch to another player: gxine and noatun
seem to work fine using ALSA.