[ltp] Thinkpad R40 and IrDA to a mobile phone

Mon, 24 May 2004 09:35:53 +0200

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 19:18:06 +0100, Tony Whitmore wrote:

[...]

> This page[1] suggests that the port is only able to support SIR (rather
> than FIR) which is fine with me. I have ensured that the various IrDA
> modules are compiled (including IrTTY support). I have also added serial
> support to the kernel, because, as I understand it, it is essentially a
> "serial modem over Infrared" setup. lsmod shows the irda module is

A nice basic howto for the different IrDA access types (FIR, SIR with
IrTTY, SIR with IrPort) is the IrDA tiny HOWTO written by Till
Straumann, but it seems to have gone offline. Maybe you find it
somewhere using Google.

Regards,
Tino