[ltp] 760XL with a BIG HD Problem

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 22:31:48 -0400

Adam Southerland wrote:

> Use the Parallel port as a NIC... Interesting Concept... Can Slackware
> do that with the supplied boot/root disks?

No idea.

> How big is the partition? Doesn't matter - The smallest I tried was
> 25Mb... As long as the 10Gb Drive has a partition on it, MS products
> can't boot - Even from a Boot Disk! (I haven't ever seen this before)

I don't recall the exact model, but I booted a ThinkPad of that
generation (76x) with an 8 MB drive.  It worked fine with OS/2.

I wonder if it's possible to put Grub or Lilo on that drive and tell it
to boot from the CD?

Also, is Slackware still available as floppy sets, so that you don't
need a CD to install?