[ltp] hangs on startup (logo screen)

Robert Svoboda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 09:34:53 +0200

* Robert Svoboda <r080@atlas.cz> [2004-05-20 10:10]:
> * Johannes Rieken <johannes@riejo.de> [2004-05-20 07:30]:

> [...]
> >
> > I know where my <F2> key is but I was referring to Robert's posting. My R40
> > hangs before grub is loaded. I just see the IBM Thinkpad-logo. I have also
> > tried to press the <Access IBM> Button but it has no effect.
[...]
> I dont't know if it's related but forgot to tell, that there
> is one more problem, even if I boot properly to the system,
> sometimes my CD-ROM doesn't get recognised by kernel and
> sometimes does. I switched to udev recently so this could be
> the cause, but I don't see why...

Some news here, I tried to remove cd-rom (actually it's the
cd-rw/dvd) from the bay and voila, no problems at all, except
being not able to access cd/dvd drive ;-)

Then I discovered hdc=cdrom kernel option, so I moved cd/dvd
drive back and started kernel with this option. There were
plenty of errors and drive didn't get recognised too.

This points to HW related problem.