[ltp] 760XL with a BIG HD Problem FIXED!

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 15:33:55 +0000

I got linux installed and Working (Slackware 9.1) [without X-Windows]

I put the drive in my USB Drive enclosure on a windows machine. I removed
all partitions and created a single FAT32 600MB Partition. I copied the
Slackware, root/boot disks, and the isolinux directories onto this new
partition.

Removed the drive (after disconnecting and stuff) and put it back in my
Laptop. Booted with the Slackware setup disks and got everything working! (I
installed from Harddrive partition)

Very complicated to figure out, but eh, it works =)

Thanks everyone for your ideas! (I still want to try that boot manager)
Adam