[ltp] error beeps?

Ian McIntosh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 14:22:21 -0400

--=-uNoHjQK3Rl/4lNpeurWW

Hi Chris,

My T23 does the same thing.  You must have bumped the little eject
lever.  Once you do that, it will beep and flash until rebooted OR until
put to sleep.

I just did a little testing: even when beeping/blinking the drive can be
mounted and an 'ls' works, although the machine experiences 2-3 second
pauses frequently (with the mouse and keyboard frozen).

After a sleep/wakeup the beeping stops and the drive works normally.

Regards,
-Ian

> Something weird was going on with the ultrabay. Rebooting was harmless
> and everything's normal. No idea what the beep codes meant, though. -C

> > My T22 is emitting a series of three beeps, pause, repeat. The LED on
> > the far right (next to sleep; arrow to an X) is blinking regularly. The
> > system is still working, as far as I can tell, but I'm afraid to restar=
> > it, as I'm at the end of finals.
> >=20
> > Does anyone know what this means? -C

--=-uNoHjQK3Rl/4lNpeurWW