[ltp] thinkpad T23 and wireless card

Wed, 26 May 2004 02:03:57 +0300

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 12:34:54PM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> I got a T23 on Ebay almost two years ago but it wasn't a resell; it actua=
lly
> was sold by IBM. I'm just starting to use it more and I'm wondering
> how I would know for sure whether it has a wireless card or not. Would
> this show up in an lspci probe?

I'm pretty sure it would.  My T23 does not have wireless.  The modem and
wired Ethernet card is reported in lspci as

  0000:02:02.0 Communication controller: Lucent Microelectronics WinModem 5=
6k (rev 01)
  0000:02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82801CAM (ICH3) PRO/100 VE =
(LOM) Ethernet Controller (rev 41)

> look at the computer to find out. should I assume I don't have one if lsp=
ci
> doesn't indicate it.

A friend of mine has a laptop (not a Thinkpad) with builtin wireless
that is not reported by lspci directly, but, rather by 'cardctl ident'
as a PCMCIA device.  So either lspci, or cardctl should show you the
card if it exists.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Please do not even think about automatically normalizing file names
anywhere. There is absolutely no need for introducing such nonsense, and
deviating from the POSIX requirement that filenames be opaque byte
strings is a Bad Idea[TM] (also known as NTFS).
	-- Markus Kuhn

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP

--gatW/ieO32f1wygP--