[ltp] Kernel 2.6 and two mice

Edi Weitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 01:57:42 +0200

On Tue, 25 May 2004 21:43:02 +0000, James Hawtin <oolon@ankh.org> wrote:

> It might look like that... however I have been having a poke arround
> in the 2.6 source (hence taking a while to reply) and it looks like
> if you remove CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX from your .config input
> will be built without ps2 support (just like 2.4), can't seem to
> work out how to do this in make menuconfig. This will change the
> code in drivers/input/mousedev.c changing that would be the other
> way to comment it out!

Thanks for your help! You are right that CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX
can't be changed from make menuconfig or make xconfig. Even more
funny, if I edit .config by hand and then issue Debian's make-kpkg it
will automatically re-enable this option in the .config file so it
looks like there's no easy way to get rid of this... :(

I will look into this a bit more tomorrow - have to go to bed now.

Thanks again,
Edi.