[ltp] Thinkpad R40 and IrDA to a mobile phone

Tony Whitmore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 07:01:52 +0100

Konstantin wrote:
> hi,
>
> now Step by Step, hope it'll help.
>
> cd /usr/src/linux
> make menuconfig
>
> After that enter ( always press enter on the points I tell you
> Device Drivers -> Networking Support -> IrDA (infrared) subsystem support
> -> Infrared-port device drivers
>
> there you will find a NSC PC87108/PC87338
>
> choose it as modul, because you need the io, irq  and dongle_id stuff for the modul, without it won't work.
>
> Sorry for the stupid explenation, maybe you missed the name :/
>
> If you won't find it there, go to the .config file and search for this:
> # CONFIG_NSC_FIR is not set
>
> and change it to:
>
> CONFIG_NSC_FIR=m
>

> after that you must see it under make menuconfig or what ever you use.
>
> Hope it'll fix your problem ;)
>
> If you get the module, good luck with the other stuff, read the modules.conf stuff from over people or use my stuff(I wrote a script for). You got the three lines in my privios mail:
>

> -----cut--------
> #!/bin/bash
> insmod /lib/modules/2.6.6-mm4/kernel/drivers/net/irda/nsc-ircc.ko io=0x2f8 irq=3 dma=3 dongle_id=0x09
> modprobe ircomm-tty
> irattach irda0
> -----cut--------
>
> you have to change the path for your kernel version, I use 2.6.6-mm4 at the moment!

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for sticking with me on this! At least I know I was looking in
the right place now :) Still no NSC option though which is weird. To
prove it, I've taken a screen shot and put it at:
http://www.streetend.force9.co.uk/misc/nonsc.png

You can see its a 2.6.6 kernel and that there's no NSC option there :(

Also:

tony@davros:/usr/local/src/linux-2.6.6$ cat .config | grep NSC
tony@davros:/usr/local/src/linux-2.6.6$

Argh! I can't work out why I can't see the module and you can :P

Tony