[ltp] IBM Bios Uptate on T40p breaks the starup with ACPI

edonia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 00:46:33 +0800

Hello everyone,

i own a t40p
radeon 9000 FGL
750 RAM
a fixed DSDT table

how it happend:
i had a problem with my suspend to disk function and the 2.6.6 kernel.
Just on a nice day my suspend to disk doesn't resumed anymore while
running X. Not a real reason, because nothing special changed. So i did
try the dri modules, Xfree 4.4 (now 4.3 running), ati drivers, all wihout
3d acceleration, just nothing helped. I looked at all post, no way,
just no resume anymore. somtimes my machine hangs, sometimes it is just
rebooting.

So i found on the ibm site a new bios "3.05a" and a newer controller
update "3.01a". They talked about the video card too and therefore i
decided to make the update.

Now, if i boot my machine (with acpi) i get all times the following
message: Critical temperature reached (47°C), shutting down

And then my computer shuts down :-(

it has nothing to do how is the value of the temperature, just all times
critical...

does anyone have a idea / experience of any of the 2 problems?
any idea to resolve it?

did anyone the update to the bios "3.0a"?

help is very welcome!

edonia