[ltp] updated airo driver for MPI350 cards

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 20:04:07 +0200

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:41:05PM -0400, Joel Ebel wrote:
> Great news!  Have you confirmed that firmwares newer than 5.30.17 really
> don't work?  Or is that just what the Cisco driver said?

I reported what their webpage indicates :
http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet-utils-linux
and I did not test newer versions.

> Also, I'm a bit confused what the aironet-extensions patch is for.
> Should it be applied after the first patch?  Why not put them in the
> same patch if both should be applied, is there an instance where you
> wouldn't want them both?

I added the second patch later, just to make work the new version of
leapscript. (work=send the correct RID data to the card. I don't have
cisco AP, so I cannot test LEAP further).

If you just configure the card with the wireless extensions, and the
/proc pseudo filesystem, then you just need the first patch. But the two
patches should probably be merged to avoid confusion.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice