[ltp] Thinkpad R40 and IrDA to a mobile phone

Tony Whitmore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 21:38:39 +0100

Mauro Maroni wrote:
> Would you be so kind to explain how you did it on Windows?
> Thanks,
> Mauro

Certainly :)

I boooted into Windows. I had my dial-up ISP connection configured
already using the built in modem. I activated the Infrared received on
my mobile phone using the menu. When I placed the phone about 30cm from
the laptop IR sensor, Windows bleeped and an icon appeared in the system
tray with a bubble saying that my Samsung SGH-A300 was "in range". After
  a few seconds thinking, the mobile phone appeared as a modem in the
dial-up connection configuration dialog. I then selected this modem
rather than the integrated one and started the dial-up connection
dialling. After which, it was just a case of waiting for the connection
to handshake and complete.

HTH,

Tony