[ltp] updated airo driver for MPI350 cards

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 20:11:46 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 04:36:50PM -0400, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Fabrice Bellet wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Last week, Cisco updated their linux driver for the MPI350 cards
> > (http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet-utils-linux). The
> > good news is that I could port some of its new features (and bug fixes)
> > to the regular airo.c driver :
>
> Two quick questions:
>
> Is anyone maintaining 2.4 backports?  I'm kept off 2.6 on my "work"
> machines by some 2.6 proprietary VPN problems :(

http://bellet.info/laptop/airo.c-2.4.26-20040527.diff

this one has not been carefully tested. I just can say that basic
features work for me (with firmware 5.30.17) : it associates to the AP
in WEP128, survives to APM suspend/resume cycle, and RFMON ok.

> Secondly, do you have anything like an amazon.com wishlist up anywhere?
> As I'm sure others will agree, your work and documentation has saved me a
> lot of grief.

not yet :)

I think that, like many people in the community, I'm at first motivated
by the fact that my work may be useful to others, and to myself. Because
I bought some hardware, I want to be able to use most of its features
with Linux. It is very frustrating to discover, usually after the
purchase, that some features of a brand new laptop won't be available,
because we made the choice to not use the _builtin_ operating system.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice