[ltp] Re: BIOS-Update (R40)

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 May 2004 15:23:54 +1000

On 28 May 2004, alex@hslashd.com wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 01:05, Didrik Pinte wrote:
>
>> Download the floppy version on a windows computer, extract it, and burn
>> it on a bootable cd. Then update your bios on your laptop using the cd !
>
> Or if you want to be really cool, you can take the floppy image, save it
> in /boot, and then put an entry for it in your grub config and just
> reboot and save yourself a cd.

That would be a very cool feature, but I can't seem to find anything in
my grub manuals about it supporting disk images internally.

Are you suggesting using the memdisk tool that is part of syslinux along
with Grub, or have I missed something (or simply not got a recent enough
version of Grub?)

Regards,
        Daniel
--
A good engineer gets stale very fast if he doesn't keep his hands dirty.
        -- Wernher von Braun