[ltp] TP600e No Sound after upgrade to SUSE 9.1

Bruce Hutfless linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 May 2004 16:03:46 -0700

Anyone, got sound working on a TP600e after installing Linux kernel 2.6?

I did an upgrade install of SUSE 9.1 or SUSE 9.0, looking to get 2.6 kernel
and SAMBA 3.0,
only now sound is toast.

Yeah, I know about the change from /etc/modules.conf and
/etc/modules.conf.local  to /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/modprobe.conf.local.

But, I'm stuck as to what the configuration needs to be, my old just doesn't
work.

I'm still trying to understand modutils.

My PCMCIA card nic came up which is good, but the lost of sound really
sucks.

I'm off to see what SUSE got to say form themseleves next, in the past they
haven't been much help, they don't support notebooks very well.

Thanks,

Bruce Hutfless