[ltp] Gnome 2.6 and those Next Window keys

ben linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 May 2004 18:02:43 -0600

Debian Unstable now has Gnome 2.6.  Yay, I think...

On the Thinkpad, there are those wonderful little keys over the arrow
keys, marked for switching between windows.  I had been using xmodmap
to assign them fairly arbitrary values:

keycode 233 = Next_Virtual_Screen
keycode 234 = Prev_Virtual_Screen
...and then using the Sawfish keybinding mapper to bind that to "Next
Workspace" etc...

Gnome 2.6 apparently doesn't want to play nicely with xmodmap (or so
it claimed, but now I've lost the message telling me what to do
instead).  Does anyone know whether it has the means to use those keys
built-in, or do I have to be more clever?

Thanks!
-Ben

--
Ben Pearre          http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben       PGP: CFDA6CDA