[ltp] T21 warm / hotswapping (was T21 modem & 2.6)

Piotr Gawrysiak linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 May 2004 18:18:12 +0200

> Anyways, if someone really needs to hotswap the ultrabay device, then it
is doable with ACPI and idectl from hdparm.
Many thanks - I might try it, but sure it does sound risky ;-)

> What is needed, is a IBM ACPI driver, like the one for ASUS or Toshiba.
Linux driver - like ACPI module different from that what is implemented in a
stock 2.6.x kernel?

> The Asus and Toshiba are reverse engineering from windows drivers and from
looking at DSDT-s.
What you mean - that these companies are reverse engineering from windows
drivers??? I do not understand...

Piotr