[ltp] Re: some questions about linux and thinkpad

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 13:28:21 +1100

On 1 Nov 2004, Osho GG wrote:
> I have ATI Mobility FIREGL 2 with Thinkpad T42p and ATI's proprietory
> drivers are pretty bad for it. And, I am not interested in this driver
> working perfect after 2 years - I need it to work well now. I change
> laptops every 3 to 4 years anyways - so getting something that works
> after 2 years is not very useful.

I believe that the FireGL 2 is a RV250 or RV300 core, and has Linux
DRI/X support in very recent version (Eg. x.org server, and very recent
DRI.)

You may wish to investigate that path at some point and see if that
works better for you than the proprietary drivers.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
The only place men want depth in a woman is in her décolletage.
        -- Zsa Zsa Gabor