[ltp] Shutting Down X when Suspending to Disk

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:47:47 +0000 (GMT)

Matt:

Actually, closing the lid on my A22p does suspend the system.  However, the screen never came back after.  I have several problems with the system and I'm going to investigagte them.  It looks like they may be solved with Fedora Core 3, which is to go public next week.

James McKenzie

 > On Sunday 31 October 2004 21:26, after a long battle with technology,
 > James McKenzie wrote:
 > > I searched the archives and could not find a method to kill off X
 > > when suspending to disk.  It is causing my A22p to appear as if it
 > > died after resuming.  I switched to a text session and killed off X
 > > and the system came back to life.  What do I have to do to add this
 > > to my apm script? I'm using FC2.
 >
 > Find your apmd config file.  The official location is /etc/apmd_proxy
 > or /etc/apm/apmd_proxy , but Fedora may have screwed things around.
 > This script is called with an argument of
This message was sent from a PCS Phone from Sprint.
Get a free PCS Mail account!
Sign up via the Web Browser on your Sprint Phone
or at http://www.sprintpcs.com.