[ltp] T42p and TV-Out

Lukasz Wiechec linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:38:31 +0100

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

Did anyone make T42p S-Video output working? I've tried to track the soluti=
on on
google and all of the sites suggest using 'atitvout' utility, but in my cas=
e I
can't get it working. When I try to switch to TV output I get:

 poppy:/home/luke# atitvout -f t
 Forcing Rage Mobility/Rage 3D Pro LT mode
 VBE call failed.
 Maybe this command is not supported by your graphics adapter?
 Did your parameters (if you specified some) really make sense?
 Please try all other available commands before complaining!

I tried to change the resolution to 1024x768 and 800x600 using 'xrandr' uti=
lity
_before_ invoking 'atitvout' -- and I still get that message.

I'm using T42p 2373; Debian unstable with XFree86 and fglrx display drivers=
, no
GL.

Anybody got this working? I was thinking about turning my laptop into porta=
ble
MAME "console" :-)

--=20
L.