[ltp] "powerplay" under gnu/linux

Justin Lintz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:34:03 -0500

Well I can tell you in windows when I have all the power saving settings =
at
the max I can get close to 7 hours of battery life on my t40p with a 9 =
cell
battery.  In linux I can get close to 5.  I doubt that powerplay =
provides an
extra 2 hours of battery life.  I wonder what else I could tweak to get
battery life closer to that of windows.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
[mailto:linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Breitner
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 4:28 PM
To: linux-thinkpad
Subject: RE: [ltp] "powerplay" under gnu/linux

> Does this provide a lot better battery life?

don't know, never used it under windows. and: can't imagine that i can
compare my thinkpad-on-battery-life under win and under debian.

but it seems very useless to have a 300mhz-gpu-clockrate for doing
text-processing.

but: really hope it get's even more out of my battery than it get's at =
the
moment.

please let me know if you try it under win with and without powerplay
enabled, thomas

--=20