[ltp] Re: some questions about linux and thinkpad

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:53:38 +1100

On 2 Nov 2004, André Wyrwa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mo, 2004-11-01 at 13:28 +1100, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>> I believe that the FireGL 2 is a RV250 or RV300 core, and has Linux
>> DRI/X support in very recent version (Eg. x.org server, and very recent
>> DRI.)
>
> It's R300 core.
>
> Look at the screenshots on http://r300.sourceforge.net/r300_demo.php to
> get an impression of the state of the open source radeon 300 dri driver.
> Based on this impression one should easily be able to judge that it
> can't be in xorg, yet.

Ah. Well, now I know.  At least my FireGL 7500 is well supported. ;)
    Daniel
--
Big whorls have little whorls that feed on their velocity
And little whorls have lesser whorls and so on to viscosity.