[ltp] Re: some questions about linux and thinkpad

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:45:06 -0600

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> I believe that the FireGL 2 is a RV250 or RV300 core, and has Linux
> DRI/X support in very recent version (Eg. x.org server, and very
> recent DRI.)
>
> You may wish to investigate that path at some point and see if that
> works better for you than the proprietary drivers.

I think this is probably the relevant resource for the FireGL T2:

  http://r300.sourceforge.net/

If there's more relevant work in x.org, then I'd be interested to hear
about it.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu