[ltp] Re: Disk errors after stand-by

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:35:19 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Benjamí Villoslada wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 03:50:38 +0100, Benjamí Villoslada wrote:
> > I've forgot the OS: SuSE 9.1
>
> Now I see that in BIOS all PCI IRQ are 11 by default ... is important?

AFAIK, PCI ICQs can be shared without a problem, but something in me
insists that's less efficient.  Doesn't the interrupt handler have to poll
each device on that IRQ to find out _which one_ caused the interrupt?

Mine are pretty evenly spread:

           CPU0
  0:   21282136          XT-PIC  timer
  1:      93312          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:        901          XT-PIC  serial
  5:    2700810          XT-PIC  eth0, EMU10K1
  8:   39042552          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:        140          XT-PIC  ehci_hcd
 11:   12989311          XT-PIC  nvidia
 12:     282975          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:   10640382          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:      16815          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:   21282793
ERR:      64311
MIS:          0

ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb
watermelon in your colon.  Trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf, then
give a hickey to Meryl Streep.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_