[ltp] Re: fan problem on R51

Moritz Karbach linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:09:57 +0100

Hi all,

after a few days of testing here is the status (R51):

=2D I guess 'Dynamic Clocks' is working with my XFree and the radeon driver=
,=20
since I get the following message in my XFree86.0.log:

(II) RADEON(0): Dynamic Power Management Enabled

=2D I use the KLaptop Performance Profile 'powersave', which results in a

# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep MHz
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1500MHz
cpu MHz         : 598.194

=2D my 'acpi active state' (whatever this is good for) is

# cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/power | grep active
active state:            C2

=2D my CPU temperature is 32=B0C

So why is my fan still running all the time? Is there any more I could do?

Thanks for your help,

=2D Moritz