[ltp] Re: Sending email from laptops?

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:59:23 +1100

On 1 Nov 2004, Volker Braun wrote:
> I'm travelling often and use my notebook from a wide range of internet
> connections. And I've seen all kinds of blocks with respect to sending
> email, including blocking port 25 altogether. The only reliable option
> is to use an ssh tunnel to a machine permanently connected to the
> internet.

You might consider the solution I use, UUCP over SSH.  This has the
advantage of a proper queueing system designed for intermittently
connected hosts, where an MTA failing to connect to a down tunnel is
not.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Never make your home in a place -- make a home for yourself inside
your own head.