[ltp] Re: thinkpad without windows?

Henrik Brix Andersen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:16:43 +0100

--=-XQ9LUsSEme769jq9nAkx

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 06:00, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> "IBM Recommends Windows XP Professional."
>=20
> That's all you have to see, at the top of every ThinkPad ordering
> page last I checked, to know that IBM doesn't care about other
> OSes.

IBM doesn't care about non-Microsoft operating systems? Which rock have
you been living under?

Ever checked out the IBM Linux portal at http://www.ibm.com/linux/ ?

IBM even provides Linux drivers for some of their more exotic hardware
such as TCPA chips.

Just because you can not buy an IBM ThinkPad with GNU/Linux
pre-installed doesn't mean IBM doesn't care about non-Microsoft
operating systems...

Sincerely,
Brix
--=20