[ltp] Re: thinkpad without windows?

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 04:36:05 -0800

Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@gentoo.org> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 06:00, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>> "IBM Recommends Windows XP Professional."
>>
>> That's all you have to see, at the top of every ThinkPad ordering
>> page last I checked, to know that IBM doesn't care about other
>> OSes.
>
> IBM doesn't care about non-Microsoft operating systems? Which rock have
> you been living under?

A company that wholeheartedly endorses Windows in such a frank
manner, and then claims to support Linux, is two-faced at best.
It's like donating money to a political candidate and then voting
for his opponent.  Yes, IBM supports Linux in some ways.  No,
they don't really care about it--they recommend you use Windows
instead.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: blp@cs.stanford.edu